AUR40216 Certiﬁcate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
AUR40216 Certiﬁcate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (CRICOS Course Code: 0100005), this qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
After completing this course you can pursue a career a:
- Motor Mechanic (General)
- Automotive Light Vehicle Mechanical Repair Technician
- Mobile Plant Technician
- Heavy Commercial Trailer Technician
Note: The information provided about this qualification on this page is intended for International students only. If you are an Australian student looking to undertake this qualification please contact us on 1300 732 781 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To successfully complete this qualification, you require 10 units of competence. These 10 units are comprised of 1 core units which is compulsory and 9 elective units.
The units of competence shown below have been selected by Ingress Training Academy based on the course purpose.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Unit Type|
|AURTTA021||Diagnose complex system faults||Core|
|AURETR037||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle safety systems||Elective|
|AURETU006||Diagnose complex faults in air conditioning and HVAC systems||Elective|
|AURLTB004||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems||Elective|
|AURLTD009||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems||Elective|
|AURLTE004||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines||Elective|
|AURLTE005||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines||Elective|
|AURLTX004||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems||Elective|
|AURAFA003||Communicate Effectively in an Automotive Workplace||Elective|
|AURTTF005||Diagnose and Repair Engine Forced Induction Systems||Elective|
- Ingress Training ACADEMY endeavours to meet the requirements of the industry and significantly increasing the participating students’ likelihood of
securing regular employment as a Mechanic by offering work placements.
- Through our industry consultation Ingress Training ACADEMY has determined a minimum of 192 hours of industry placement is required by each student.
- Practical Placement (Workplace) Agreement and Student Training and Assessment Logbook will be used during Work placement
- Each student must demonstrate during their work placement the ability to:
- Identify and confirm work requirement regarding complex system fault in a vehicle
- Perform diagnosis by carrying out work processes
- Identify existence of fault in vehicle safety system
- Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle safety systems
- Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Diagnose complex faults in vehicle engines
- Diagnose complex faults in vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems
- Diagnose complex faults in vehicle integrated stability control systems
The required English language level for all Ingress Training Academy courses is one of the following:
|Item||Test Name||Acronym/also known as||Minimum test score|
|1||International English Language Testing system||IELTS Test||Overall band score 5.5 or higher|
|2||Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test||TOEFL iBT||Overall score 46 or higher|
|3||Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test||Certificate in Advanced English||Overall score 162 or higher|
|4||Pearson Test of English Academic||PTE||Overall score 46 or higher|
The following conditions apply to the English Language Entry Requirements
- Original documentary evidence or certified copies must be provided.
- If the test is provided at the time the student submits their application, the test must have been taken within 2 years immediately before the date of the visa application.
- If the test is not provided at the time the student submits their application, the test must have been taken within 2 years immediately before Ingress make the decision to accept the student’s enrolment.
Applicants whose passport is from a country that does not require evidence of English language level for their Visa application at the time of their application may be granted a letter of offer without the need to provide evidence of completing one of the English tests noted above.
Students who have already have a satisfactory IELTS score and who are found to experience difficulty with the English language are counselled by the Principal Executive Officer to undertake further studies or remedial studies in English (ESL) for an appropriate duration.
The participants for each program offered by the college will be selected in a manner that reflects equal access and equity principles.
Entry into this program requires International Students to fulfil requirements as listed below:
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Must have completed a AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Completed year 12 (HSC or equivalent)
- Minimum 5.5 IELTS score or equivalent in line with the Department of Education and DOHA regulations
- Students will be required to bring their laptop device (BYOD – bring your own device) and access to internet.
20th January, 27th April, 13th July, 5th October
Ingress Training Academy will deliver this qualification over a 26-week period. This will consist of scheduled Student Contact Hours (SCH) for 20 Hours over 3 days per week for 22 weeks (566 hours) plus 4 weeks of term breaks. This takes into account Public holiday periods such as Christmas & Easter, and School holiday breaks.
As this is a 26 weeks program it is recommended that the program is delivered over 2 terms as identified below. There are breaks included in the 26 weeks of
delivery as outlined below:
The program length may vary depending on the holiday structure, but the academic structure will always maintain a minimum of 26 weeks of class contact time.
The work placement component of the qualification is delivered in term 2 over an 8-weeks period for 20 hours per week to meet 192 hours work placement requirement.
- Tuition Fees: $5,750.00 AUD
- Enrolment Fees: $250.00 AUD (non-refundable)
- Student Resources (textbook and printed notes): $500.00 AUD
- Total Fees: $6,500.00 AUD
Please contact Ingress Training Academy Administration Officer for more course cost detail:
Phone: 1300 732 781